Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Humane Society for Southwest Washington! Our volunteers are an integral part of our organization, providing over 26,000 hours of service every single year. We offer a wide variety of positions in both animal care and animal handling as well as in non-animal related areas. If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of our shelter animals, we want to hear from you! Please read through the different opportunities below to find a position that best suits your interests and lifestyle. Each opportunity in the directory lists a description, schedule and qualifications. If you find an assignment that interests you, the next step will be to attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held once per month, and the next dates are listed below. You do not need to register for the orientation, simply drop in and learn about our programs! Thank you for your time and commitment to our animals in need!
Where: Humane Society for Southwest Washington (1100 NE 192nd Ave. Vancouver, WA 98684)
Saturday, January 17-- 3 to 5pm
Tuesday, February 3-- 10am to 12pm
- Saturday, February 21--3 to 5pm
Adult Volunteer Program Requirements
- Open to adults (ages 18 and older) only.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a volunteer term of at least 6 months, with a minimum of 8 hours of service per month.
- Volunteers must meet the requirements and scheduling availability for their chosen assignment.
- Volunteers must complete all required training prior to starting their volunteer service.
Questions about the volunteer program can be directed to the Manager of Volunteer Programs, Michelle Borum, at 360-213-2610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.