How & Where to Donate
We invite you to donate your gently used items to your local ReTails Thrift Stores. With two conveniently located Vancouver area stores to choose from, and a mobile donation center coming soon, it's easier than ever to donate and help support the mission of the Humane Society for Southwest Washington.
We offer four convenient and friendly donation sites:
ReTails Thrift Store on St. Johns / 3200 52nd Street, Vancouver, WA 98663
Donation Hours: Mon. - Fri., 10:00am - 4:00pm; Sat. & Sun., 10:00am - 4:00pm
ReTails Thrift Store on Fourth Plain / 5000 East Fourth Plain, across from Golden Skate / Vancouver, WA 98661
Donation Trailer Eastside (in the HSSW Shelter Parking Lot) / 1100 NE 192nd Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98648
Donation Hours: Seven days a week, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Donation Trailer Westside (in the parking lot of ReTails Thrift Store on Fourth Plain) / 5000 East Fourth Plain Boulevard, Vancouver, WA 98661
Donation Hours: Seven days a week, 10:00am - 5:00pm
Every time you choose to donate your unwanted clothing and household items, instead of discarding them in the trash, you participate in helping the Humane Society afford food, shelter, medical care and humane education programs to positively affect thousands of animals and citizens a year.
Your donation makes an impact at every level:
- Our community, because your dollars stay local to southwest Washington
- Our customers, who rely on access to quality goods at great values
- The animals, who benefit from life-saving resources afforded by the money we raise
- Our planet, through waste reduction and natural resource conservation
Please take into consideration the following guidelines when preparing your donation:
- We do not have a repair facility, and thus cannot fix items that are stained, broken or are in poor condition.
- We cannot accept items that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Please check their website, www.cpsc.gov, for a list of recalled items.
- We do not accept hazardous, poisonous or flammable materials.
- The Golden Rule: If you would consider giving it to a friend, then the item is most likely in good condition and appropriate to donate to ReTails Thrift Stores.
We would love to receive your donations of the following items, in good condition:
- Baby Items (please, no cribs or car seats)
- Books, Music & Movies
- Brand Name Items for our Boutique!
- Coats & Blankets
- Electronics (please, no TVs)
- Holiday Decor
- Housewares & Decor
- Light Fixtures & Home Improvement Items
- Pet Care Items
- Shoes & Accessories
- Sporting Goods
- Unique Items
Every time you donate your used goods, we will offer you a receipt. This is your chance to record what you gave to ReTails Thrift Stores and keep that receipt for tax purposes. Please check with your tax professional about the value of contributions.
We appreciate your donations of quality, reusable items at our ReTails Thrift Stores!